Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Day 6 February 3, 2009

King Whitney Jr. - - Change has a considerable psychological impact on the human mind. To the fearful it is threatening because it means that things may get worse. To the hopeful it is encouraging because things may get better. To the confident it is inspiring because the challenge exists to make things better.

Hello World. I can hardly tell you much I love waking up to nature singing, the sun, the hills, the lakes, the palm tree right outside my window. It may sound cheesy but it's truth. Today, I got up at a decent time though it was still early, made it to the bus and school on time. I'm definitely getting more used to it all. It's just a very lively culture, always moving. I wonder if they sleep because Maria and Alex are always up way before I am...just happy and stuff.

Today's class was film making. I only have three classes for 7 weeks then my internship will begin so class will be instense because it will all last only until Spring Break which is March 20. We talked a bit about spring break and where we might go. It's awesome because we get 10 days off. We might go to Honduras or Costa Rica or Panama or any place really. There are lots of choices and it's completly up to us. We can go scuba diving, white water rafting, hiking, zip-lining through the rainforest or visit the Mayan Ruins which sounds cool because I've learned about that stuff in art history classes with Rowley. There is a ton of things to choose from so if anyone out there can get a few days off and wants to come visit or travel, let me know!!

Back to school stuff, we had class then ate lunch at the kids' school next door. They're so cute, everyone's in uniform with white tops and navy blue bottoms, I remember those days. A funny thing, we were waiting in line for our food which was delicious grilled chicken, gallo pinto and this tasty fruit juice but there is this small group of bright white faces with blond hair and all surrounded by all these spanish faces around the lunch tables and Dan goes, "Who's white kids are those?" Ah, Dan...

So as we ate lunch me, Dan, and Stephen watched the funniest movie of all time. It's called American Movie and it's a documentary about this guy named Mike Borchardt or something and he is making a horror movie but it just tells his story and process. He's a complete loser and totally seems like Napoleon Dynamite or something like this cannot be real and yet it is. It's genius and won some big film festival award. Watch it if you love movies or don't because it's worth it. I do want you to be aware however that there is a good share of bad language, mostly the "F" word so it's not quite a family film but worth checking out. I definitely recommend this movie to my loving boyfriend who may just as well be the next Quentin Tarantino someday who knows, both are genius with movies. We need this film at home!

At the end of the day it was great because Alex had come up to the school to work on his webpage for his website because he's a graphic designer and he has all these projects he's currently working on. It's pretty cool actually but he gave me a ride home of course and he also gave Stephen and Dan a ride which was cool becaue then we didn't have to walk or take any buses. It was really hot out and traveling can most certainly be tiresome. But yes dad, I am drinking plenty of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment