Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Day 7 February 4, 2009 (Wed)

Quotes:

'Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it (Unknown).'

I will act now. I will act now. I will act now. Henceforth, I will repeat these words each hour, each day, everyday, until the words become as much a habit as my breathing, and the action which follows becomes as instinctive as the blinking of my eyelids. With these words I can condition my mind to perform every action necessary for my success. I will act now. I will repeat these words again and again and again. I will walk where failures fear to walk. I will work when failures seek rest. I will act now for now is all I have. Tomorrow is the day reserved for the labor of the lazy. I am not lazy. Tomorrow is the day when the failure will succeed. I am not a failure. I will act now. Success will not wait. If I delay, success will become wed to another and lost to me forever. This is the time. This is the place. I am the person (Og Mandino).

I hate bugs. I feel bad killing them but one of us always has to go. I mostly don't like the crunchthat big bugs make. That being said, this morning there was the biggest cockroach in my shower. Seriously, it had to be the size of Cuba. I mean it opened the door, offered me a cigar and everything. Said, hey come in, let's chat." I'm telling you the thing was huge. It was gross and thus death was imminent. Other than that I'd say it was a great morning.

Today was Spanish class. Boy is that a lot of information for 3 hours. Our professor knows like 20 english words so it gets really hard sometimes. Thank goodness for my spanish-english dictionary though. Lots of homework today. Not from Spanish class. It was only the first day so the homework was like, 'go have a conversation with your family tonight.' That's great for me. Actually that's exactly what I did. When I got home, Alex and Maria were leaving. I think they were on their way to church or something because they were really dressed up. Maria's sister Esther came over though to chill out with me. She's a lawyer (abogado). I'm never by myself which is great because if something happened I don't think I could flip through my dictionary fast enough! She was really excited to talk to me. We chatted quite a bit actually even though she doesn't speak English much either. Context clues are the best thing in the world. Then she taught me the word for everything in the house. I think she likes teaching me stuff. We ate a bit and watched tv. She gave me this fruit juice that was fresh oranges and melon. Soooo Good! Soon we may have a fiesta because more family just came to the house. Homework and Fiestas!! Muy bien! Well hasta manana...

1 comment:

  1. Hola Chica! I am so glad that you have decided to rise above the norm and GO do dat thing! Back home we are so proud of you - and next time u see a bug you betta just say N***A move ova - cuz next time his peeps WILL retaliate - Men In Black - is all I have to say. ~ Love you much!

    ReplyDelete